Parenting is an enormous responsibility. No matter how prepared you think you are, you're bound to face many challenges. Perhaps you're feeling overwhelmed with your parenting role and responsibilities. Maybe you can't cope with your child's behaviour, or you struggle with discipline. Whatever the problem is, parent guidance can offer positive and effective solutions.
What will your child gain from parent guidance?
- Your child will learn how to label and express feelings in a healthy way
- Your child will feel more accepted and understood by their parents
- Your child will increase their self-confidence and self-esteem
- Your child will learn more about self-control, responsibility, and decision making skills
What will you gain from parent guidance?
- A greater understanding and acceptance of your child and yourself
- A stronger, more positive relationship with your child
- Easy and effective ways to set and implement rules
As a dedicated Educational Psychologist, Tanya understands the complexities involved in raising children. She provides parent guidance to help you cope with the stress of raising children.
During parent guidance, Tanya provides an emotionally supportive and non-judgmental space for you to express your feelings. You will also learn how past experiences may be influencing your relationship with your child. For instance, the way that you were raised can have an impact on the way you interact with your child.
Parent guidance provides you with the necessary support, knowledge, and guidance to develop insight into your parenting style. The end goal is to enhance the relationship with your child.
Are you ready to strengthen your bond with your child? If so, contact Tanya van der Walt today.