As a registered Educational Psychologist, Tanya specialises in trauma counselling for both children and adults.
Trauma is an individual experience triggered by a sudden, external overwhelming event.
Symptoms of trauma vary from person to person, but can include anxiety, depression, insomnia, anxiety, fear, shock and denial.
Trauma counselling helps you identify and come to terms with emotions you may experience during or after a traumatic event.
Trauma Counselling can also help you with the following:
- Helps you understand your coping mechanisms
- Helps you overcome the challenges of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Validates your feelings and emotions
- Prevents you from using suppression and avoidance as a form of defence
- Helps you make sense of what has happened to you
- Integrates the event meaningfully into your life
- You begin to live in the present rather than constantly being retriggered by the past
Tanya offers you a safe space to share, experience, and explore your feelings while strengthening your coping mechanisms. During trauma counselling, Tanya will help you resolve each traumatic stage through holistic techniques. She is patient and understanding of the emotional challenges you may be facing. Tanya is committed to helping you on the journey to recovery.
If you or a loved one is struggling to process a traumatic event, contact Tanya van der Walt today.